Sunday, May 10, 2009

New Plans (Lesson)

Last week we had a meeting at the English village with six different elementary schools.  All six of us teachers are assigned right now for the month of June to teach at one of these schools.  I was placed at a school where I already know the kids, and I am friends with the English teacher.  All of us are a little bit apprehensive about what we are going to be doing since this is a whole new game for us.  All year we have had to be flexible within certain unvariables, but this last month we've been getting ready for many changes that we will be implenting to kick off for the new teachers coming next year.  That meeting was one of the most scariest things on my agenda besides next month, and God was so good to answer my prayers for it to go well.  The Lord has been incredibly gracious to me recently especially as it has been kind of stressful working out the new programs and stuff as a teacher.  

It hasn't been all work and no play though...on Tuesday we went to inspect a crocodile farm as a prospective activity for summer camps.  After feeding the crocs and then fishing for bullfrogs we got to hold one of the smaller gators.  At the end of our visit, the man was showing us around tied a pig's foot onto a big bamboo pole and dangled it over the pool where the 30 year old crocodiles were...they jumped and snapped at it, and the guy was just standing there pulling on the pole to tease them out of the water.  

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh my, what an interesting baby you have. Its skin looks kind of rough and brown.

John

Unknown said...

you know its kinda funny that you will hold a crocodile in your arms and let a python wrapped around your neck...but you can't even stand that a bug as small as a gnat is buzzing around in your room.

Living Faith said...

Ahem, to each his own phobia...

Unknown said...

I don't think I have one of those.

Unknown said...

As you stated yourself Sarah, there is a significant difference between a python, a crocodile, and a bug. Everyone has got something to freak out about.

John

Unknown said...

I don't think I freak out about anything. People freak out when I walk in the room because I am just so amazing. They just stand in awe.

Living Faith said...

Well put, sarah, my dear, well put...too many times I've looked for you and almost been knocked unconscious when you entered my near vicinity...

Unknown said...

Yes I have that effect on people.

Unknown said...

*Falls over in the amazingness*

Sara said...

There is no charge for awesomeness or attractivness.